Malaysia is a country of contrasts both in terms of culture and geography. It is a power house of business and trade in Southeast Asia. Malaysia has carved a niche for itself as the centre of academic excellence in the region. Excellent quality of living, affordable study costs and multiculturalism makes Malaysia one of the most irresistible study option for international students.
- Malaysia comprises of Peninsular Malaysia, and the states of Sabah and Sarawak on the island of Borneo.
- Area 329,758 square km
- Population 29.95 million
- Capital city- Kuala Lumpur
- Currency The currency is Ringgit Malaysia and is written as RM or MYR.
- GDP per capita: $17,500 (2013 EST.)
- Weather - Tropical weather year-round.
- Temperatures range from 21ºC (70ºF) to 32ºC (90ºF).
WHY STUDY IN Malaysia
- Politically Stable and Safe Country
- Business and trade hub of south east Asia
- World class quality education
- Trans-national Education & International Affiliations.
- "2+1" twinning Degree Programmes
- Has many foreign university campuses
- Low Living cost and Affordable Tuition Fees
- A melting pot of different cultures
- Student friendly laws for international students.
- Opportunities to earn while you learn
- Simple and Hassle Free Way to Obtain Student Pass.
- A harmonious Multi-Ethnic Population
- Great opportunity to experience different cultures.
The governing authority of higher educational institutions is the Ministry of Higher Education. The education system of Malaysia consist of
- Government-funded - public universities, polytechnics and colleges
- Private Higher Educational Institutions
- Non-university status institutions such as private colleges
- University status institutions such as private universities
TCOST OF STUDY
- Undergraduate study : RM 35000 - RM 40000
- Post graduate study : RM 40000 - RM 50000
- Research: RM 58000 - RM 60000
COST OF LIVING
- RM 1,000(USD 313) to RM 1,500(USD 469) per month
- Degree - 5.5 IELTS [Academic]
- PhD- 6.0 IELTS, 550 TOEFL, 79-80 TOEFL, 213 TOEFL
- February /April/July /October /November
WORK PERMIT AND STAY BACK
- Allowed work at vacation time..